Despite the devastating impact of Covid19, more and more people have expressed an interest in travel this year. A new survey suggests travel is alive and well. Even if coronavirus has devastated economies around the world and disrupted our lives, tourism will recover soon and people will keep travelling. But which are the best holiday destinations for 2020? Let’s find out!
Brač Island, Croatia
Are you seeking to enjoy an unforgettable Croatian experience? Then, Brač Island is one of the most beautiful destinations you can choose. If you decide to visit Brač during summer the island is far from being packed and you can still find many calm and secluded beaches.
Where should you stay in during your holidays? Puteus Palace is a renovated palace with 550 years of history now transformed into a 5 star luxury hotel. Within the palace walls hide a beautiful terrace and a pool as a perfect getaway to unwind and relax in a natural environment. The hotel is in Pučišća – a small place known for its marble history and beautiful bay.
South Tyrol, Italy
With the stunning Dolomites as its backdrop, South Tyrol is filled with endless natural beauty. If you are looking to connect with nature, take a break from city life and breathe fresh air, South Tyrol in summer is your go-to destination. Alternatively, if you love winter sport activities or Christmas markets, winter in South Tyrol is a paradise for you.
No matter the season you decide to visit South Tyrol, you can choose one of our luxury hotels:
- Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof offers 50 individually decorated rooms, a wine cellar with no fewer than 20,000 bottles and a wide assortment of whiskeys and a large spa area.
- The Zirmerhof, which lies high above the Etsch Valley (1560 m), was honoured as South Tyrol’s ‘Historic Hotel of the Year 2010’.
- Parkhotel Holzner is an extraordinary oasis which stands in the middle of the South Tyrolean Alps.
- Boutique-Hotel Grauer Bär is one of the oldest hotels in South Tyrol, offering beautiful rooms, fine dining, sincere hospitality and an excellently stocked vinothèque run by the owner himself.
- Englar Castle in Eppan is an extraordinary 500-year-old castle in a hilly location with chapel, active farm and winery. Period furniture lends warmth to rooms and junior suites with old stucco- and coffered ceilings.
Mecklenburg Vorpommern, Germany
Another must-see destination this year is Mecklenburg Vorpommern, northeaster Germany. This is a land of castles and broad country estates offering spectacular landscapes of rugged cliff sides, fishing villages, historical mercantile hubs, and beautiful lakes. The 5-star Schlosshotel Wendorf hotel lies in the middle of Mecklenburg Vorpommern and offers a mixture of luxury and charm.